Under the guidance of, and in cooperation with, international experts engaged by the Council of Europe, MESA10 implements activities in a form of provision of the necessary local expertise as well as the logistical support related to the four following outputs:
- Recommendation report including policy advice on the strengthening of the status of cities and municipalities.
- activities for the preparation of a Report containing concrete recommendations to the Slovak authorities on the proposed solutions for improving the framework related to separate types of local government units (cities and municipalities), dependent on different relevant factors.
- Recommendation report including policy advice on the competences, powers, finances and the coordinating role of the regional level of self-government in Slovakia.
- activities for the preparation of a Report containing an analysis of the status quo of the Slovak self-governing regions, reasons for their underperformance and proposals for improvement of the local government system as regards the regions.
- Recommendation report on the status of the Capital City Bratislava and the City Košice.
- activities for the preparation of a Report containing legal advice with proposals for amendment of the governing legislation regarding the cities Bratislava and Košice.
- Recommendation report including policy advice on strengthening the financial independence of local and regional governments and enhancing their financial management capacities.
- activities for the preparation of a Report containing will present an expert opinion on the possibilities for improvement of the financial system related to local government.
June 17, 2022: Ministry of Interior of Slovakia: Spolu s Radou Európy a Európskou komisiou pracujeme ďalej na zlepšení nastavenia samosprávy na Slovensku
June 15-17, 2022 – Council of Europe: Strengthening the Status of Cities and Municipalities in Slovakia: a Peer Review
January 25, 2022 – Council of Europe: Strengthening the Slovak Regions: Council of Europe Policy Advice
January 20, 2022 – Council of Europe: Status of the Capital City of Bratislava and the City of Košice: preparation of a Policy Advice
October 12, 2021 – Council of Europe: Strengthening metropolitan governance in Košice
October 7, 2021 – Council of Europe: New Legislation for Bratislava
September 29, 2021 – Council of Europe: New Laws on Bratislava and Košice under preparation